:: Jared’s Rambling Thoughts | Google Maps: make your own! ::
Google Maps now offers you an easy way to make your own maps! You can set placemarks with additional information that will show when an user clicks on it.
While testing out this new feature, I’ve created a map that shows several places in San Diego that would be of interest to Deaf people if they come to visit this corner of the country. This map is probably far from being complete and serves only as a starting point.
I included in this list of places of interest:
- Teacher Education Program at UCSD Deaf Education
- Deaf Community Services of San Diego
- LLCN at SDSU (ASL research center)
- Rear Window Captioning movie theaters
- Open Captioning movie theaters
- Salk Institute (ASL research center)
You can click on these placemarks for more information.
I think it would be great of many of you also made similar maps where you live. It would make it easier for other Deaf people who may be visiting in your area to know where to go!